Overtime payouts

• 6 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi there,

Not really a question but an observation:  When I process a payout of overtime in Personio I get a message that “overtime was payed out successfully”.  Can you change the “payed” to “paid”?

The word payed exists but does not refer to a financial transaction. It is a nautical expression:

Payed definition: Although it is sometimes applied as the past tense of pay, using payed for paid is not correct.

That being said, there is a sense in which payed can be correct. In nautical terms, payed is the past tense of pay, meaning to use pitch as a seal to prevent leaks.

For example:

• To make the boat seaworthy, a sailor payed the open creases between the planks with hot tar. (Past Tense Verb)

Please avoid using the word payed for paid.

Sorry to be picky, but it hits me in the face every time I pay out overtime 😯😪!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Linda

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Linda,

Thank you so much for this observation! You are not picky by mentioning this, I can totally understand that seeing a grammatical error often can be annoying, I am the same 😅. I will give this feedback to our localization managers and will let you know when it is implemented. This should normally be pretty quick, since this wording is not connected to other functionalities.

I wish you a lovely weekend! 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks Andrea,

I think it’s because I’m a Brit that it stuck out to me! Glad it’s not coming across as picky 😃1

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Linda,

I hope you are having a nice week. I wanted to inform you that the mistake that you reported has been corrected 🥳.

Thank you again for sharing this information with us! 

I wish you a delightful afternoon 🍂.

Greetings,

Andrea

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks Andrea! 🤗

Enjoy your day!

Regards,

Linda

Your reply