Answered

Performance Goals : Who can input

• 14 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear All,

I can see that there is a lot of articles related to performance and have managed to read them through.

But it is still a little unclear to me on who can set goals ? Is it only the supervisors  or can  employees also set their own goals. 

Right now even though I have given access rights for Supervisiors to edit goals of their own reports , in the system the create goal option is not visible for the supervisors but only for Admin (i.e me) .  Am I missing something in the setting  ?

KR

Lakshmi

icon

Best answer by Marc 14 March 2022, 09:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Lakshmi,

nice to see your questions asked here in the Community!

I just checked it with my test-account. Giving edit rights for the performance data to the employee will allow them to set up their own goals (but please also note that the employee will always be able also to change their performance feedback and goal if they want to). 

Please note that giving the edit right to own reports only allows supervisors to set goals for their reports, but not for themselves. If you log in as a superiors and navigate to an employee that is a report of that supervisor, you should be able to edit goals. Could you please check that?

Have a great day
Marc

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Marc for your quick response. Yes now it makes sense, I was logging in as a supervisor and trying to create goal for their own self which was not possible ( so I was wondering why is that and your explanation makes sense) . I have checked and it is possible to make a goal for their direct reports. Thanks for clarifying. Wish you a nice day too. 

Your reply