Answered

Personio Job Boards and Tracking Links/Channels

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I’m a little confused as to the relationship between tracking links/channels and job boards (autoposting). I’m also confused about tracking links in general.

I have set autoposting on job board to all job boards.  If a job application comes from a job board then how does it track this in tracking links? Will it be specific to the job board, even though there isn’t a channel for each job board?

What is the point of adding tracking links to each position rather than choose a tracking link when an application comes in from all those than are in the channel list? 

For instance, if we set up with external recruiters that they are to send applications directly to Personio, do we not have to add this recruiter as a tracking link to this position?

And if we have a tracking category called email, then would this be automatically tracked? and therfore why would we have a tracking link called email?

If emails are received outside of Perosnio and we add them manually I’m assuming we then add the channel manually? so what’s the point of having a tracking link?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 12 July 2023, 09:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @tomblake 

For each job board activated on autoposting, the system will know automatically from which channel the application comes through. The autoposting boards are already set up to track the applications without the need for tracking links. 

If you choose to set up a job position external to Personio, for example you choose to post on LinkedIn without using our autoposting or multi-posting features then you need to use Tracking Links. You would then use the URL tracking link for your Apply button, so that when candidates click on this it will navigate them to the Personio application form and allow for this external to be tracked for reporting purposes.

So if you use autoposting or multi-posting features on Personio, there is no need for tracking links. These are only used if you choose to promote the position outside of Personio without using our features. 

For External Recruiters, you will create a channel and tracking link for them to use for their applications. All candidate proposals will be emailed by them to the inbound email address of your Personio inbox. This will then assign the application to the correct candidate and you can track who came from this channel this way. For more information on how to set this up, here is our guide on How Do I Record My Work With External Recruiters in Personio?

If you navigate to Settings > Recruiting > Channels you will see all the current channels set up for your Recruiting. In the same process as mentioned above, you may have an email address your applications are sent to. By using this ‘email’ tracking link the system automatically assigns this channel to the application. You would then email the application to the inbound email address of your Personio inbox, which would then link the application to a candidate and which will have the channel assigned already. If you want, you can set up an automatic re-direction of applications from your company inbox into Personio. Here is our guide on how to Set Up A Redirection to Receive Candidate Emails in Personio 

If you have any follow up questions on this, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply