Answered

Historical Custom Reports: Trouble Entering Dates

• 3 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,
Does anyone else have troubles entering dates in calendar/date field in custom reports? Specifically, for the report type - Historical Data.

My teammates and I have had a lot of trouble entering the custom dates for a wider range of time beyond the suggested Dynamic Date options.  As shown in my screenshot - we wanted the historical data for the period from 2018 to 2022 which we only were able to enter after many many attempts with no real structure or reason other than luck and patience. :cry:

Attempts:

• When I click into the calendar box it does not allow me to select a date so far apart because it has this tendency to require all the days in between to be highlighted. So when 01.01.2018 is selected the end date is automatically readjusted to a shorter range (1 month)
  • When I click on the actual date box to type in the date manually. The box keeps closing with the press of any key. Eventually this is the only way to get the specific dates we want. But must make many attempts to enter one number at a time.

It would be great to look into this for easier custom date range selection :pray_tone3:

icon

Best answer by Andrea 18 August 2022, 11:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @AmbeRRR_PC,

Thank you very much for your contribution in the community! I want to apologize for answering to your post just on this moment. We normally make our best to answer all inquiries after 24 hours, but this time we missed your post. Don’t worry, we will make sure this doesn’t happen again!

I have just tried out to create a Custom report with the data you shared: Historical data, from 2018 to today. I did not have any trouble doing so, which means the issue might be related to the browser you are using or to old cache. Maybe we also improved the feature lately, and you don’t have any trouble with the feature anymore. 

In case you and your colleagues are still struggling with setting the dates for Custom reports, I would recommend the following:

1. Browser: Please make sure that you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to use Personio. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer or Edge are outdated and do not support some of the advanced features that Personio offers.

2. Make sure to clear the cache of your browser occasionally to ensure the proper use of Personio. You can search on the internet how you can clear the cache of your particular browser. 

Please let me know in case these recommendations did not improve the feature of Custom reports, or if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @AmbeRRR_PC,

I hope you are doing great! I wanted to ask you if my answer above was helpful, or if you need any further support from my side 😊. Likewise, I also wanted to share some good news, since our product team will soon release further improvements in the date settings of Custom reports

If my answer helped you solve your inquiry, you can mark it as Best Answer. Otherwise, I am happy to help you further!

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply